Many job seekers go into the interview to expect that it will be a one-way street where the interviewer will grill you with interview questions, and you answer. This scenario could not be further from the truth!
Asking questions is an excellent way for you to show a true interest in the job and the company. It also shows that you took time to prepare for the interview.
10 Great Questions to Ask the Interviewer:
1. How does a typical day look?
2. What projects need the most immediate attention?
3. Can you show me examples of projects that I will be working on with the team?
4. What are the skills and experiences that you are looking for in the ideal candidate?
5. What attributes does someone need to be successful in this position?
6. What types of skills are the team missing that you are looking to fill with this position?
7. What are the biggest challenges that someone in this position would face?
8. What are your most significant expectations for the first 30, 60, 90 days
9. Is this a newly created role?
10. What metric or goals will the company use to evaluate my performance?
Before you leave the interview, always ask about the next steps in the process. Here are a few questions to ask:
1. Is there anything that concerns you about my background being a fit for this role?
2. What are the next steps in the hiring process?
3. Is there anything else I can provide you with that would be helpful?
4. Can I answer any final questions for you?