Access to the internet is no longer a luxury, it’s a necessity. From schooling, to job searches, to paying bills, the internet has become the tool we lean on to complete countless tasks and responsibilities.
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) benefit program that helps ensure that households can afford the broadband they need for work, school, healthcare and more.
The benefit provides a discount of up to $30 per month toward internet service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands. Eligible households can also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers if they contribute more than $10 and less than $50 toward the purchase price. The ACP is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.
Who is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program?
A household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program if the household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, or if a member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline
- Participates in Tribal specific programs, such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal TANF, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations;
- Participates in the National School Lunch Program or the School Breakfast Program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income internet program.
Learn more at fcc.gov/ACP.
At Polishing the Professional, we strive to help clients reach new skill levels and conquer their professional goals. As a full-service career center, we aim to reach every individual who wants to enhance their skillset and image to achieve success in the workforce. Our blogs discuss everything from career help to professionalism and offer advice on how to grow in the business world. Take a look at our previous blog, Using Your Personality Type for Your Job Search, to find the perfect fit for YOU!